Tuesday 28 August 2007

Camping - pt 2

Well, the first night in the open air actually went ok. We weren’t quite brave enough to do a meal on our camping gaz thingy so we had our food at a local shopping centre, but we did manage to get a game of travel scrabble in before snuggling up in bed. We decided we would get a double sleeping bag (Tesco’s are quite reasonably priced!), and despite I really did think there would be lots of spare limbs floating about – everyone has that spare arm that they only find when in bed - it was actually quite cosy, and not as “arms and legs” as I had thought (there’s a pattern emerging here “not as I had thought”?)

One thing that bothered me more than ever is that I did think that I was going to have to get up half way through the night to use those “excellent facilities” this site has, but much to my amazement, midnight was the last time I had to leave out tent, and I have to admit Rob was really sweet and came with me.

Now, something I hadn’t actually mentioned was that it had been raining since about 8pm that evening, so everywhere was beginning to get quite wet and squelchy by the time midnight came about. So, we squelched to the loo at midnight, after being in bed for about an hour, and probably just getting to sleep. But that being said, once again it really wasn’t really that bad and once back in bed, the morning came around quite quickly and I found I had made it through the night, without being eaten by anything and with actually getting more sleep than I had thought I would have! I don’t want to admit this, but this really isn’t that bad (keep this quite, but I actually quite enjoyed it!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How many people were in that sleeping bag? ;o)