Monday 22 September 2008

Rain drops keep falling on my tent.....

Ohh my goodness, I really do have the strangest dreams. Only a week or so ago I had a dream about cabbage of all things, and the first night we’re away, what do I dream of? Penguins playing the woodwind section in an orchestra!? What on earth? Ohhhh yes, they were all there playing clarinets, flutes, oboes, you name it. Frankly, I think I’m just odd!

Anyway, back to the camping. Monday came and went without any great dramas, it was wet again, but nothing we didn’t really expect. Squelching across muddy grass is beginning to become second nature now – Crocks are just the most essential camping footwear!! Okay so they are a bit ugly, but they really do come into their own when camping.

On Tuesday we met with my parents for a belated birthday lunch for mum. We had a fabulous meal at the Cricketers in Clavering – Jamie Oliver’s parents own it and my mum just so happens to know the manager there. It was very nice, and we managed to have a few minutes sat outside afterwards, that is to say, until it started to rain – again!

In summary:
Monday – rain Night – more rain
Tuesady – mostly rain Night – this should be no real surprise, rain! But no weird dreams, or at least not that I can remember. Perhaps I should be grateful for small mercies.

No comments: