Tuesday 29 May 2007

Boredom.....

Ohh my goodness, I’ve not written half as much as I was hoping about the weekend simply because I have done precisely nothing! Basically it poodled down all blinking weekend, so we were unable to do anything really. Rob fixed the door on one of the kitchen units and that was about as exciting as our weekend got – oh! and our neighbours decided to have a BBQ in the rain under one of those gazebo things. The gazebo blew over in the wind on Saturday night and now its laying up-side-down on the lawn in their back garden collecting the rain and slowly turning into a pond.

What possesses people to have BBQ’s in the rain? I remember when I was about 13 my friend had a BBQ for her birthday. It poured with rain and so as not to disappoint a bunch of teenagers her granddad decided to put the BBQ in the green house. Not a particularly wise move I have to admit. The green house just filled with smoke and every so often he would emerge chocking and carrying a sausage or berger.

I would like to think I would never do that.

No comments: